I have noticed that the most successful bloggers online have all taken similar steps in becoming great bloggers. After lots
of research and study, I can also tell you that blogging is much more complex than it seems to be on the surface. However, with a bit of effort, I believe anyone can become a successful blogger.
Here are 101 steps to becoming a better blogger:
1. First, I’m going to assume you’re using WordPress. You are using WordPress aren’t you? The built-in SEO and pinging functions make WordPress a search engine machine.
2. Sign up for Feedburner.
3. Post at least once a day.
5. Make sure you have an “About Me” page.
6. Submit your blog to 9Rules.
7. Submit your blog to NewsNow.
8. Let your readers see the REAL you. Blogging is more personal than conventional websites. Don’t be afraid to tell a few
stories from your own life. By being real and personal, you will build a relationship with your readers based on loyalty and trust.
9. Blog and ping.
10. Submit your blog to rss and blog directories.
11. Use trackbacks.
12. Get involved in the blogosphere. Being a blogger is about being part of a community. Leave comments on other
blogs and get to know your favorite bloggers.
13. Give your blog it’s own unique voice… You!
14. Spend 99% of your time focused on creating unique, quality content. Content is King; or as John Reese says, “content is King Kong”.
15. Add a large RSS subscription button to your site.
16. Place an RSS feed link at the bottom of every post.
17. Set up a MyBlogLog Widget.
18. Encourage social bookmarking after every post.