I saw the book, Life Is A Pitch, on Idea Sandbox (where there will be a more thorough review in the next day or so). Personally, it looks like a good read. Below are some of the guidelines from the book.
Disciplines of a Pitch
- Find a calm space to think in [for preparation].
- Remember that people’s emotions count for more than logic
[appeal to the heart as well as the head].
- Think through your proposition before you spell it out.
- Articulate it in the simplest way.
- Don’t go for an unattainable perfect solution, go for what works.
- Focus on what it means to them, not what it means to you.
If you have read this book, let me know what you think.