By E. Brown
As you can tell from several of my articles about Atlanta restaurants, the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group is one of my favorites and one of the more consistent. Chef Greg Sears of the Atlanta Bread Company has provided his recipe for Crème Brulee French Toast. I hope you like it.
1 Loaf Brioche Bread
1 Stick Butter
8 Large Eggs
1 Cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup Heavy Cream
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Trim all crust from Brioche
- Cut in 1-inch slices.
- Melt butter in saucepan, with cream and brown sugar until combined.
- While brown sugar is cooking, mix eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla together with wire whisk.
- Pour brown sugar mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Place Sliced brioche on top of brown sugar mixture and press lightly.
- Pour all egg mixture over brioche bread evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit over night in refrigerator.
- The following day, bake at 375 uncovered until top of bread is golden brown.
- Allow to cool, and cut out with round cookie cutters.
- Place 2 pieces on plate and garnish with fresh berries and Vermont maple syrup.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Greg Sears, Corner Café, Buckhead Life Restaurant Group
Thank you Chef Greg.
*For more on restaurants, food, and recipes, visit the Grub category of WeirdGuy Blog.