I’ll ask for forgiveness up front. This may have been running around the Web for a while, but I just saw it and had to chuckle. Since part of my blog interests center around business, leadership, fun, and management I thought I would throw this out for…well, for fun.
How To Properly Assign New Employees
Put 400 bricks in a room. Put your new hires in the room and close the door. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours. Then analyze the situation:
- If they are counting the bricks, put them in the Accounting Department.
- If they are recounting them, put them in Auditing.
- If they have messed up the whole place with bricks, put them in Engineering.
- If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Planning.
- If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.
- If they are sleeping, put them in Security.
- If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in IT.
- If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.
- If they say they have tried different combinations, they are looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in Sales.
- If they have already left for the day, put them in Management.
- If they are staring out of the window, put them in Strategic Planning.
- If they are talking to each other, and not a single brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Top Management.
More Humorous Reads
– The Evolution of Pants
– Waiting On WiFi
– No Purses Reason #56
– No Purses Reason #123