Here’s a nice little 10 Tip reminder that Cohen & Pratt put together made up of quotes from great business leaders. There are some real nuggets of wisdom here. Enjoy!
From Cohen & Pratt
If you want to be a better leader, learn from those who have been successful leaders themselves. Here are ten quotes that contain basic principles sure to improve your skills if you apply them to the way you that you lead others.
1) “Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.” Peter Drucker
2) “The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.” Dwight D. Eisenhower
3) “Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.” Stephen Covey
4) “I forgot to shake hands and be friendly. It was an important lesson about leadership.” Lee Iacocca
5) “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” Norman Schwarzkopf
6) “People cannot be managed. Inventories can be managed, but people must be led.” H. Ross Perot
7) “Example is leadership.” Albert Schweitzer
8) “What you cannot enforce, do not command.” Sophocles
9) “The question, ‘Who ought to be boss?’ is like asking, ‘Who ought to be the tenor in the quartet?’ Obviously, the man who can sing tenor.” Henry Ford
10) “Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better.” Bill Bradley