Valuable User Experience Infographic for those making a case for UX ROI – thanks to experiencedynamics.com
I recently read a short piece by Oz at UX Beginner and feel he is spot-on! The article is about finding a UX Mentor.
Key take-aways for mentors:
- Help set expectations
- Be on the lookout for opportunities to network your mentee
- Be on the lookout for possible job opportunities for your mentee
Key take-aways for mentees:
- Drive the relationship
- Show initiative
- Be accountable to your mentor
Thanks Oz for your insights and this timely post. Read the full article for more details.
The implications could be enormous for every site on the Web that competes for Google ranking. Good UX is more than look and feel. Make sure you have a seasoned UX professional on your team to maintain a strong Web presence.
Google can currently look at the user interface and not just see specific font sizes but see how a user would see the fonts on different mobile devices. Google is also able to see how a user will see how a page scrolls on a mobile interface; are the buttons large enough to click on; is the interface confusing to mobile users?
Read more >
Finally bringing WeirdGuy blog into the present. I will be playing with the look and feel of the blog over the next couple months but you can still expect the regular awesome content you are used to. Don’t worry, the blog should continue to be responsive to the device you are reading on. Drop me a note and let me know if there is anything you’d like to see or miss from the old blog design.
I came across this post on We Can Only Be The Future. The article resonated with me as I had a very similar discussion at lunch today with a tech recruiter. Here are a few nuggets:
- Articulate your organization’s UX strategy in a manner that illuminates the challenges and opportunities that would be involved in me, taking a career step in your direction. Be bold, explicit, brief and transparent.
- Great UX comes from people committed to helping others meet challenges and achieve their goals. Tell me how you set up employees for success and are committed to increasing opportunities for me to help create value.
- Let the people I would interact with most often and that I will rely on if I join the team, write the majority of the job description and be involved in the process of interviewing me.
- Although there is an passionate debate about the boundaries of User Experience Design, there is little debate about what UX Is NOT. Avoid any language or responsibilities that makes it look like your concept of UX is Programming, Business Analysis, Web Design, Marketing, Project Management, Community Management or, Sales….
I hope you find it informative – read more >
I’ve been reading a lot of studies on the impact of color psychology on user behavior. Here is a good infographic from Finances Online. Feel free to check out the article on their site.